10. Chris Tomlin– When it comes to sincerity in worship, there’s none better than Chris Tomlin. From his solo albums to his work the Passion conferences, his worship inspires us. He can give us an old school song like Amazing Grace or an original song like How Great Is Our God and bring us into worship.
9. Peter Furler– He was once the lead singer of the famous Christian pop/rock band newsboys, but now he is solo and making songs like Reach, that tells us we can reach out to God. He is well known for his collaborations with Tim Hughes and Steve Taylor and for his simplistic view of the Gospel.
8. William Matthews– He’s a recent addition to the Christian worship scene. He brings us back to basics of what worship really is and how we can praise God while leaving the world behind. His song Deep Cries Out inspires you to call out to God from the very depths of your soul.
7. Hillsong United– They were once called United Live, but now the youth worship band from Hillsong Church in Australia, leads us on an amazing journey to a place of honest worship. It is there we find the presence of God! There songs, like the classic: Shout Unto God, continue to inspire youth groups across the world!
6. Rick Pino– If you want pure, hardcore, honest, and sometimes unusual worship, there is none that compares to Rick Pino. His music is inspiring, counter-cultural, anti-religious spirits, and completely sold out to Jesus. He also tells us who God is in songs like We Have The Best Dad In The Whole World.
5. Jesus Culture Band– They are the next stage. They will take lead of a cross generational army of worshipers and bring us to a whole new level. There is not one artists, many have gone through the band and have gone on to do other great things, but Jesus Culture brought us their worship with albums like Everything, Consumed, etc.
4. Georgian Banov– He’s a worship leader from Europe who has a heart to reach the poorest of the poor. Georgian brings a European folk sound, like New Jerusalem, and pure innocence, like You Lord, to how he praises God. He takes us on a journey of love and joy, and lots of dancing!
3. Brian and Jenn Johnson- They are from my home Bible school, Bethel Church in Redding, California. They bring originality to the worship scene. They can perform rock like their classic album Undone or be soft and meditative like their album Love Came Down. However you want to put it, they are changing the worship music scene.
2. Cory Asbury- He is an up and coming worship artist, who will bring us into worship. He has done many collaborations with I-HOP, like Joy, and Holy (which features his song So Good To Me) with Matt Gilman. However, his first album Let Me See Your Eyes brings us to an amazing place in worship and praise.
1. Kim Walker-Smith– I got to meet the then Kim Walker at a Jesus Culture worship conference in Dallas and then again three years later while attending Second Year at Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. She is amazing! She became famous after a youtube video of her leading the song Dance and from there went on to become a household name within the worship community. Her solo album Here Is My Song will rock your world and will teach you what praise is all about.
That is my list. What do you think? Let me know in the comments who you would like to see on a future list. While you are at it, check out my favorite newsboys songs. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.