From the original creators and with the original cast, comes a new and very hilarious sequel to the popular Despicable Me, about a super-villain that learns love is more important than being a criminal.
Despicable Me 2 finds Gru still in the midst of Fatherhood while everyone is trying to set him up on a date. Soon, he is recruited by the top secret Anti-Villain League to find a criminal who stole a formula that can turn ordinary creatures into monsters. Gru is teamed up with rookie agent Lucy Wilde whom he starts to fall for. Meanwhile, a mysterious person has been kidnapping Gru’s minions and is planning on using them for sinister purposes.
The sequel, directed by Pierre Coffin, is just as good as the original. It has the humor, the snappy dialogue, the heartwarming moments, and everything in between to make this movie enjoyable for the whole family. I highly recommend it and suggest you take your whole family to see it!
FAVORITE QUOTE: Assemble the minions!
PARENTAL CONCERNS: Rude humor, thematic elements
Be sure to like and share! Don’t forget to subscribe for more entertainment and pop culture articles like this one! Also, check out my review of Marvel’s The Defenders!
If you would like to order your paperback copy of my debut novel Cacophony: A Tale Of Faith And Fear, click here. It is an incredible paranormal thriller about a group of demons trying to steal human souls by assaulting their church. The Messenger Gabriel, a Guardian angel Christopher, and the Seven Archangels are sent by God to stop them. It’s a tale that mixes drama, supernatural fiction, with a dash of fantasy.
Consider supporting me and my creative efforts on Patreon. It is because of your generosity that writers, bloggers, creators, and vloggers like me can continue to be creative.
- Steve Carell as Felonious Gru, former villain turned father
- Kristen Wiig as Lucy Wilde, an Anti-Villain League agent
- Benjamin Bratt as Eduardo Perez, owner of a Mexican restaurant
- Miranda Cosgrove as Margo, the oldest of the three girls
- Elsie Fisher as Agnes, the youngest child of the three girls,
- Dana Gaier as Edith, the middle and tomboy of the three girls
- Russell Brand as Dr. Nefario, Gru’s elderly, hearing impaired gadget man
- Ken Jeong as Floyd Eagle-san, an owner of a wig store
- Steve Coogan as Silas Ramsbottom, the head of the Anti-Villain League
- Moisés Arias as Antonio Perez, Margo’s love interest and Eduardo’s son