Batwoman saw it happen. She did. Batman died in a battle with members of the League of Assassins. Gotham City will soon plunge into chaos, so Dick Grayson reluctantly outs on the cape and cowl to become Batman. As he, Damian Wayne aka Robin and new allies work together, they soon find that their enemy may very well be closer to home than they think.
Batman Bad Blood, directed by Jay Olivia, takes strips of various comic book story-lines including: Batman RIP, Battle for the Cowl, and The Return of Bruce Wayne. However, the story is completely unique one set in this film series. It introduces Luke Fox aka Batwing and Kate Kane aka Batwoman. Now, I’ll be honest, I like the classic Kathy Kane as Batwoman, but Kate Kane is still a pretty cool character as is Batwing. He is an excellent addition to the cast of characters.
The only thing I missed is the battle between Jason Todd and Dick Grayson over who gets to wear the cowl. That was strangely absent from the film which chose to insert the League of Assassins as the primary villains instead of Simon Hurt’s Black Glove organization. Todd is absent completely, which I would be okay with, however, the exclusion of Tim Drake aka Red Robin kind of gave me pause. He has not been in any of this series of films so far and as a fan of the character I feel his absence.
That being said, the film is great story and I hope to see more films in this series. It is also connected to Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. They have announced a Justice League vs. Teen Titans film which I cannot wait to see!
FAVORITE QUOTE: If that’s your best Batman, you’re not going to fool anyone.
- Jason O’Mara – Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Yvonne Strahovski – Kate Kane / Batwoman
- Stuart Allan – Damian Wayne / Robin
- Sean Maher – Dick Grayson / Nightwing
- Morena Baccarin – Talia al Ghul
- Steve Blum – Black Mask, Firefly
- Gaius Charles – Luke Fox / Batwing
- John DiMaggio – Blockbuster, Tusk
- Robin Atkin Downes – Jervis Tetch / Mad Hatter
- James Garrett – Alfred Pennyworth
- Ernie Hudson – Lucius Fox
- Vanessa Marshall – Renee Montoya
- Matthew Mercer – Hellhound
- Geoff Pierson – Colonel Jacob Kane
- Jason Spisak – Noah Kuttler / Calculator, Killer Moth
- Bruce Thomas – Commissioner Gordon
- Kari Wahlgren – Kori
- Travis Willingham – Heretic