I know I’m about to offend every gamer out there, but since I am not much of one, I could only go by what I have played. As a comic book nerd, I spend most of my time reading them without actually playing some of the video games they’re based on. However, every once in awhile, one sweeps across my game console. This is a list of my top 10 favorite comic book video games.
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus– This game took inspiration from Season 2 of the 2003 animated series, adapting “The Big Brawl” plot. The Turtles participate in an epic cross-dimensional tournament featuring fellow Mirage Comic character Yusagi Yojimbo. Perfect for X-Box.
09. The Punisher– Based loosely on the 2004 film, it follows Frank Castle as he violently takes down the criminal underworld using fear and extreme measures.
08. Spider-Man (2000)- After being framed by Mysterio, Spidey must uncover the truth behind who is trying to infect New York with symbiotes in this Dreamcast special featuring cameos from Black Cat, The Punisher, The Human Torch, and even Captain America.
07. Batman Vengeance & Rise of Sun-Tzu– For my X-Box, I got these two games that were based on season four of Batman: The Animated Series. The first dealt with The Joker and the second with a new villain named Warlord Sun-Tzu.
06. X-Men VS Street Fighter– This arcade fighting game featured the first Marvel VS Capcom crossover. Several X-Men battle Street Fighter characters in an effort to save both dimensions. It was later featured on Playstation and Sega Saturn.
05. Justice League Heroes– Granted, this game was a rip-off of other X-Box quest games, but it was a lot of fun seeing Batman and Superman team-up with other characters like Green Arrow and Zatanna. The more you played, the more characters you could unlock.
04. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare– Following season 3 of the 2003 series, it blends the episodes with added game play making an excellent match for the hit series.
03. Spider-Man Trilogy Games– As seen on X-Box and Gamecube, these games follow the movies, though expand some of the plots and add sub-stories to make the games more video game friendly, they were a fun part of the adventure as you play Tobey Maguire’s version of the Wall-Crawler.
02. Injustice: Gods Among Us– This is a fighting game that takes in an alternate reality where Superman has turned into a dictator. Batman brings the Justice League from another universe to stop him before his plans have devastating effects.
01. Batman: Arkham series- In an alternate universe, Batman is a brutal Dark Knight who exacts vengeance on The Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, and the mysterious Arkham Knight. This adventures are incredible.
That is my list. Leave me a comment if I miss nay of yours.
Be sure to like and share! Don’t forget to subscribe for more upcoming reading recommendations.
Head over to my YouTube channel to subscribe to my channel where you can watch my vlog and free web show StudioJake. As a bonus, check out my interview with my all star guest Ezra Celeste star in a SJW satire skit.
If you would like to order your paperback copy of my debut novel Cacophony: A Tale Of Faith And Fear, click here. It is an incredible paranormal thriller about a group of demons trying to steal human souls by assaulting their church. The Messenger Gabriel, a Guardian angel Christopher, and the Seven Archangels are sent by God to stop them. It’s a tale that mixes drama, supernatural fiction, with a dash of fantasy.
Consider supporting me and my creative efforts on Patreon. It is because of your generosity that writers, bloggers, creators, and vloggers like me can continue to be creative.
This article has been updated from a previous version.