Charles M. Schultz is one of the greats when it came to comic strips. While he worked on many strips, he is most known for Peanuts, featuring Good O’l Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Sally Brown, and a whole host of lovable characters. I will say Blue Sky Studios and director Steve Martino developed a great tribute to the classic with The Peanuts Movie.
Charlie Brown is having a rough school year. He is feeling bad because all of the other kids are teasing him for his clumsiness and being gullible. However, he finds comfort with his best friend and dog Snoopy who is trying to help Charlie Brown be upbeat.
Things change when The Little Red Haired Girl moves in on the street. Charlie Brown immediately gets a crush on her. He meets with Lucy for “psychiatric help” and who tell him he has to remake himself to become a more interesting person. Things seem to look up for him, but through much trial and a lot of error, and with help from man’s best friend, Charlie Brown realizes that just because he’s a “blockhead,” he can still dream big.
This movie was a fantastic film. It’s visuals were stunning, characters interesting, voice perfect, and just a good all around animated film. One of the coolest things about the film was hearing Bill Melendez voicing Snoopy and Woodstock. That was a great call by the creators of the film. Definitely check it out. It is perfect for the whole family.
FAVORITE QUOTE: One small step for Peanuts, one giant leap for Charlie Brown.
PARENTAL CONCERN: Some cartoon mischief and very minor violence
- Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown
- Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews as Miss Othmar and other adults
- Rebecca Bloom as Marcie
- Anastasia Bredikhina as Patty
- Francesca Angelucci Capaldi as the Little Red-Haired Girl and Frieda
- Kristin Chenoweth as Fifi, Snoopy’s love interest.
- Alex Garfin as Linus van Pelt
- Noah Johnston as Schroeder
- Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock (from archival recordings).
- Hadley Belle Miller as Lucy van Pelt
- Micah Revelli as Little Kid
- Venus Omega Schultheis as Peppermint Patty
- Mariel Sheets as Sally Brown
- Madisyn Shipman as Violet Gray
- AJ Teece as Pig-Pen
- Marelik “Mar Mar” Walker as Franklin
- William “Alex” Wunsch as Shermy
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to click subscribe for more movie reviews like this one.