Taking place twenty years after the hit show Full House, we are introduced to the follow-up series: Fuller House, a show that is twenty years in the making.
A Netflix original series, the show tells the story of recently widowed and single mother of three DJ Tanner, her sister Stephanie, and their lifelong friend and mother Kimmy Gibbler (whose marriage is in a rough spot). The three move into Danny Tanner (the family patriarch)’s old San Francisco house where they live with DJ’s children Jackson, Max, Tommy, and Kimmy’s daughter Ramona.
What follows is a heart felt show that brings us back to the good old days of family television. While it lacks some of the charm of Full House, the show definitely feels like a continuation and it has a lot of inside jokes that only fans of the show would get. Sadly, the Olsen twins are absent, though they have many jokes at their expense.
I will say, I know they had to leave the series in a bit of a cliff hanger to go on to season two, however, the way they left the series hanging was kind of anti-climatic. Other than that, I found the series entertaining and fun with lots of laughs.
I hope you enjoy this TV series review! Be sure to click subscribe for reviews like this one.
- Candace Cameron Bure as Dr. D.J. Tanner Fuller
- Jodie Sweetin as Stephanie Tanner
- Andrea Barber as Kimmy Gibbler
- Michael Campion as Jackson Fuller, D.J.’s mischievous 13-year-old son
- Elias Harger as Max Fuller, D.J.’s 7-year-old son
- Soni Nicole Bringas as Ramona Gibbler, Kimmy’s 13-year-old daughter
- Dashiell & Fox Messitt as Tommy Fuller, Jr., D.J.’s infant son
FULL HOUSE CAST APPEARANCES:
- Scott Weinger as Steve Hale, a podiatrist and D.J.’s High School boyfriend
- Bob Saget as Danny Tanner, DJ and Stephanie’s father
- John Stamos as Jesse Katsopolis, D.J. and Stephanie’s uncle (Danny’s brother-in-law)
- Lori Loughlin as Rebecca Donaldson-Katsopolis, Jesse’s wife and aunt to D.J. and Stephanie
- Dave Coulier as Joey Gladstone, a Vegas comedian
- Blake and Dylan Tuomy-Wilhoit as Nicky and Alex Katsopolis, Jesse and Rebecca’s twin sons
- Lanny Cordola and Gary Griffin, original members of Jesse and the Rippers