Directors Joe and Anthony Russo who brought us Captain America: Winter Soldier bring us the sequel Captain America: Civil War. It features an ensemble cast and a diverse group of characters that adds the next chapter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe brought us courtesy Marvel Studios and Disney.
After an incident involving the Avengers in Lagos in which civilian lives are lost, Secretary of State Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross confronts them, announcing the United Nations are putting together the Sokovia Accords. It is a document of accountability that gives the UN the authority to summon the Avengers and even discipline them if things go wrong.
Tony Stark is on board because the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron have shaken him saying that they need accountability or “we’re no different than the bad guys.” Steve Rogers is against it, believing that a governing body would be too bureaucratic.
However after his old friend Bucky Barnes is blamed for bombing the Accords signing, Cap decides to go rogue in finding him and bringing the true villain to justice. This causes a rift in the team, forcing both sides into a confrontation that could shatter the Avengers forever.
This is my new favorite movie. While I think it should have been called Avengers: Civil War, it truly was a fantastic film that the Russo Brothers brought together. The ensemble cast, the visual effects, the introduction to Spider-Man, the story-line, it was all fantastic.
My one complaint was with the Black Panther. Chadwick Boseman played him brilliantly, but they did not give you a whole lot of time to get to know him before he was thrust into the action. I know they were working with a short amount of time, but I would have liked to have seen him more.
The collaboration between the whole cast is amazing, even with the newcomers. They brought together one amazing story and I cannot wait to see what is next.
FAVORITE QUOTE: The safest hands are still our own.
PARENTAL CONCERN: Language, Strong Action Violence
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter
- Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow / Crossbones
- William Hurt as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
- Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo
- Martin Freeman as Everett Ross
- John Kani as King T’Chaka
- Hope Davis as Maria Stark
- John Slattery as Howard Stark
- Kerry Condon as FRIDAY
Be sure to subscribe for more upcoming movie reviews!