Nothing defines a generation more than their slang. As a Millennial, I am ashamed of some of the slang that I used in the early 90s, but some of it was still cool. Here is a list of favorite words and phrases that I remember from back in the day.
- Phat- Another word for cool. “That is so phat!”
- Word or Word up- As in, “That was cool!” Reply: “Word!” It is an affirmation or agreement.
- All That and a Bag of Chips- It basically means, “Everything and then some!”
- Talk To The Hand- Shut up in a less polite way.
- Crib- House or place
- Psych- It is an updated version of “NOT!” As in, “Beyonce in the Queen Bee. Psych!”
- Cut it out!- Stop what you are doing!
- Mad/Wicked- Not angry, but impressive. Example: “He’s got mad skills.”
- That’s My Name Don’t Wear It Out- When someone said your name, this would be your reply.
- Going postal- It is another way to say, “He’s going crazy.” Example: “He’s going postal!”
I still cannot believe this is how I use to talk. I admit, every once in awhile one or two will slip back. Don’t worry, there are more Throwback Thursday and humor articles to come, so be sure to click subscribe.