August is almost over, so that means that Texas Month is coming to a close. That is okay though because we’ll have plenty of great articles and reviews to read. Today, I would like to share 11 Small Texas Towns With Cool Things To See.
11. Buc-ee’s in Baytown, Texas– There are several other locations, but this one is closer to where I use to live. These gas stations have the cleanest bathrooms, best shopping centers, and more.
10. Shangri La Botanical Gardens in Orange, Texas– This is one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the South. It was damaged slightly in Hurricane Katrina, but they have since repaired it and made it beautiful again.
09. Crockett Street in Beaumont, Texas– Crockett Street is located in the downtown area of Beaumont. It is an area filled with nice restaurants, cafes, a local Broadway style theater, museums, and a large library.
08. Battleship Texas in La Porte, Texas– USS Texas (BB-35) is a United States naval vessel that was commissioned on March 12, 2914. She served honorably in World war I and World War II. She was decommissioned in 1948 and now serves as a pretty cool museum.
07. Davy Crockett Monument in Ozana, Texas– It is a small, but a lovely town with a big chunk of history. The Davy Crockett Monument is epic and a really cool thing to see.
06. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas– This is a fun and family friendly water park that everyone can enjoy. It has slides, pools, springs, and is just a whole lot of fun.
05. Texas Country Music Hall Of Fame in Carthage, Texas– Originally called the Tex Ritter Museum, this place holds inductees of many famous country singers who were/are originally from the Lone Star State.
04. Museum of the Gulf Coast in Port Arthur, Texas– The museum brings to life many parts of the culture of Southeast Texas. Robert Rauschenberg’s art is featured prominently there as well as Janis Joplin exhibits.
03. Kemah Boardwalk in Kemah, Texas– This place is built on fun! They’ve got rides, photo centers, gift shops, places to eat, and a whole lot more. It is fun for the whole family.
02. Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas– You want to see a concert, firework show, rodeo, or even a sports event? Check out this huge arena in a very small town. They always have something on the calendar.
01. San Jacinto Monument in La Porte, Texas– This monument commemorates the Battle of San Jacinto, the final battle of the Texas Revolution that set the state free from the clutches of tyranny.
This is only eleven of the cool things to see in small towns across Texas. Did I miss any of yours? Comment below and you might see them on another list. Be sure to subscribe for more articles like this one.