We all know about the famous Chicago Saint Patrick’s Day Parade and how they dye their river green to celebrate the Irish holiday. New York City, Boston, Philadelphia are just a handful of cities that also hold parades for their citizens.
Are there any other fun celebrations across the United States that are Irish themed? Of course! Here is a list of five amazing St. Patrick Day Parades:
- Cleveland, Ohio- Before their parade, the city appoints a Grand Marshal to be the honorary leader of the parade. It is given to a man who is of Irish descent and who has been active in that community. Likewise, they also appoint a “Mother of the Year” who is the female version.
- Columbia, South Carolina- In the Five Points district, they host the Pot O’Gold Playland for families with children. It is only set up once a year where kids can enjoy an Irish themed playground.
- Enterprise, Alabama- This town hosts “World’s Smallest Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.” A single person waving an Irish flag walks for one block from the courthouse to a monument and back again.
- New Orleans, Louisiana- As the parade marches through most of the city. Citizens then through onions, carrots, cabbages, potatoes, and other ingredients for making Irish stew.
- Washington, DC- The US capitol holds the National ShamRock Rest in the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium. Aside from listening to live music, visitors can find vendors, rides, and others.
Those are some pretty cool traditions. Do you have any of your own? Leave a comment below and be sure to subscribe for more Hashtag Fun and Patriot articles. Don’t forget to like and share this post.
Also, head over to my YouTube channel to check out my web show StudioJake for more!
Consider supporting me on Patreon! It is because of your generosity that content creators like can continue to film, write, and more just for you!