2017 was a stormy year for a lot of people. Life is tough. No one promised us that life is far, but one thing God promised us is that He would always be with us. Be of courage and good cheer because even though we go through storms in life, God is always good and His promises endure forever. Here is a list of 12 Scriptures For The New Year. All Bible verse are taken from the HCSB.
- John 16:33- “I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11- Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing.
- Proverbs 18:10- The name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4- 3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
- John 14:7- “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.“
- 2 Timothy 1:7- For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. 6
- Psalm 16:8- I keep the Lord in mind always. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Romans 8:28- We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
- 1 Corinthians 13:12- For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known.
- Lamentations 3:22- Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end.
- Hebrews 10:23- Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
- James 1:4- But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
The words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are in red. What do you think? I hope that these scriptures will bring you comfort. Let me know in the comments below which Bible verses are your favorite for the New Year. While you are at it, check out my post on looking for a church home. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.