Now, I am not much of a cook. Like not at all. You don’t understand, I CANNOT cook to save my life. Ever once in awhile, I manage to pull off some sort of culinary feat that stuns, mostly that I made something edible. Yes, I can make ramen, fry meat, make mac and cheese, pull together a sandwich, but outside that scope, I would not have much hope. That being said, there is one thing I can pull off that makes people stop, stare, and gets me pats on the back. That, my faithful readers, is cheese dip. I can make a grand cheese dip that is unparalleled. Borrowing elements from my mother’s recipe, I created one all on its own that if done properly, is perfect for a party.
Here is the recipe (note, if you’re a vegan, you will probably die if you eat this):
- Half a block of Velveeta cheese
- A can of diced tomatoes
- A tiny can of diced chiles
- Whole milk (or evaporate milk or flax milk)
- A microwavable bowl, stirring spoons
- Chop the cheese into tiny squares before placing them into the bowl
- Run the tomatoes through a blender, add to bowl
- Add the diced chiles
- Pour a quarter cup of milk into the bowl
- Place bowl in microwave for about 3 minutes (depending on your microwave)
- After completion, stir and put back in microwave for about 2 minutes (again, depending on your microwave)
- After completion stir again and check for cheese chunks. If some are still floating, place in microwave for 90 seconds (finally, depending on your microwave)
- Remove from microwave, stir once more.
You can now serve your party guests the grand cheese dip.
That is my list. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below if you would like other recipes shared. While you are at it, check out my list of movies I’m looking forward to in 2018. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
The picture above is not a representation of my recipe. You'll have to try it for yourself.