Warner Bros and DC Comics announced that Joss Whedon (director of Avengers: Age of Ultron) would be switching sides to director a movie adaption of Batgirl. She is best known as one of the most talented members of the Batman Family. Recently, crazed former pop star Lindsay Lohan has been lobbying for the main role. This cannot happen. She cannot act and she is nothing but trouble. Mr. Whedon, if you are taking a break from spreading SJW nonsense and want to make a great film, here are a few suggestions for the main role. Here is my list of Top 10 Actresses To Play Batgirl.
10. Vanessa Ray – The Blue Bloods actress is already good at portraying someone who solves crimes. Instead of New York, why not move her on to Gotham City.
09. Katie Davies-Speak – This British actress has been lobbying for the role for sometime. She has appeared in several horror films and could bridge the gap in a dark film.
08. Sofia Boutella – She has appeared in several kick-butt action films including Star Trek Beyond and The Mummy. She could pull off the action sequences with ease.
07. Nicola Peltz – She has appeared in several science fiction films and had a recurring role in Bates Motel. She could definitely bring a good twist to the character.
06. Haley Lu Richardson – While she has not been in any action films, she has played some troubled girls. She could play a Barbara Gordon with depth and precision.
05. Bonnie Wright – The Harry Potter alumni has had a steady career after the ending of the franchise. She is a veteran and could top of the role.
04. Daisy Ridley – The Star Wars actress has had the training and the experience. She could carry the part very well.
03. Summer Glau – The Firefly actress has had a run of bad luck when it comes from starring television shows, but she is talented enough to pull it off.
02. Anya Taylor-Joy – The Split actress proves she can play a girl with depth and personality. She can take a full dive into the character and come back making Batgirl smart.
01. Emily Kinney – The Walking Dead alumni was not given the right end in the show. I believe that with a little dye in her hair, she could pull off the smart, witty, tech-savy, and caring side of Batgirl who kicks butt.
That is my list. What do you think? Let me know in the comments who you would like to see play Barbara Gordon. While you are at it, check out my graphic novel review of Batman: Batgirl. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.