T’Challa is more than a comic book hero. He is an Avenger, a monarch, a genius, a Marvel Comics icon, and the Black Panther. After appearing in Captain America: Civil War, the King of Wakanda’s feature film will open this weekend. To celebrate, I compiled a list of my top 10 Black Panther costumes throughout his history and media.
10. Armored Adventures – Appearing in the series, Iron Man: Armored Adventures about a young Tony Stark, the King of Wakanda starts out as a foe, but soon turns into an ally of the young Avenger.
09. Ultimate – The Ultimate Marvel may have been a blight on comic books, but this redesign of the Black Panther doesn’t look too bad.
08. Sister – Shuri briefly took on the role for her older brother and has on many times taking up the mantle in T’Challa’s absence.
07. Upgrade – This is his Marvel NOW costume. It is an upgrade of his retro outfit.
06. Retro – This is the costume most people are familiar with. It served as his costume for his years as an Avengers.
05. Classic – This is the costume used in his first appearances in Fantastic Four and Jungle Adventures.
04. Urban Adventures – During Daredevil’s absence in Hell’s Kitchen, T’Challa guarded the streets of New York City.
03. Animated – Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes was an animated series that ended too soon. T’Challa played a main role in the show.
02. MCU – Chadwick Boseman brought Black Panther into his first feature film as a force to be reckoned with in his powerful armor.
All Hail The King – T’Challa wore this outfit when he married Oro Munroe aka Storm of the X-Men and during the Avengers VS X-Men plot. It is pretty cool.
That is my list. What do you think? Let me know in the comments which Black Panther costumes are your favorites. While you are at it, check out my Top 10 Best Superman Costumes. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.