After the recent firing of its director, my all-star guest Ezra Celeste drops by to discuss who should take the helm of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.’ Each of us share our thoughts on our top three choices for Marvel Studios. She also makes a deep MCU confession.
Check it out below:
Our list (you are welcome Disney!)
5. Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows)- One of the problems with ‘Guardians Volume 2’ is that the escalation was too much. Ritchie can bring that stabilization to the franchise. (Me)
4. Shane Black (Iron Man 3)- While his MCU entry has divided fans, there’s no denying his action film credentials. (Ezra)
3. James Wan (Star Trek Beyond)- He does not get the credit he deserves for his entry into the Star Trek franchise. He took a franchise that J.J. Abrams built and took the next step. He did an efficient job with what he had to work with. (Me.)
2. Peyton Reed (Ant-Man and the Wasp)- He’s done two highly visual films with a ton of CGI and special effects. He’s can deliver an excellent action-comedy.
1. Taika Waititi (Thor Ragnarok), Both Ezra and I agreed that he would be the perfect guy to takeover the franchise after he turned around Thor’s dwindling film series.
0. Matthew Vaughn (X-Men: First Class)- Later while talking about this with some of my chums, we all agreed that the man who saved the X-Men franchise would be an excellent choice for bringing ‘Guardians’ back to life.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. While you are at it, check out my interviews with Samantha Sullivan and Stefanie Nicholas. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.