A group of teen boys are trapped together in a forest that is surrounded by wall. Everyday the walls open and it leads to a maze. Every thing changes when a girl shows up. Next thing you know, they find a possible way out. Will they succeed or fail?
That about sums up the film. Yes, one paragraph. This movie is not what it was hyped out to be. It was nothing but a mix of Divergent and the second Hunger Games. The plot was spotty and the dialogue lame. The actors were not that great. It is more redeeming in the special effects and stunts department.
I can honestly say, don’t waste your time. This film is not worth it. I have not read the book, so I won’t comment on it, but I hear the book is way better.
- Dylan O’Brien as Thomas, the last male to enter the Glade
- Kaya Scodelario as Teresa, the only female Glader
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt, second in command
- Will Poulter as Gally, the Glade’s enforcer
- Ki Hong Lee as Minho, the Keeper of the Runners
- Aml Ameen as Alby, the leader of the Gladers
- Blake Cooper as Chuck, a chubby friend of Thomas and also the youngest Glader
- Dexter Darden as Frypan, the main chef of the Gladers
- Chris Sheffield as Ben, a runner
- Jacob Latimore as Jeff, the main medic of the Gladers
- Alexander Flores as Winston, the Keeper of the Slicers
- Randall D. Cunningham as Clint
- Joe Adler as Zart
- Patricia Clarkson as Ava Paige