Gotham is entering its final season on FOX. It is a television show about a young, pre-Dark Knight Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) and Captain James Gordon (Ben McKenzie). Spoiler alert, the final season showed Ra’s al Ghul (Alexander Siddig) and proto-Joker Jeremiah Valeska (Cameron Monaghan) blow Gotham City’s power plants and the bridges, creating No Man’s Land or Zero Year, depending on who you ask. While the show has featured The Riddler, Solomon Grundy, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, The Penguin, Scarecrow, and several other of Batman’s rogues, is has left several villains from the comic books out.
In this isolation plot, I’m curious to see what villains we will see. It hinted at Man-Bat, Mother & Orphan, and a few others. However, here is a list of ten villains I would like to see in the final season Gotham (and the actors who should play them).
- Waylan Jones aka Killer Croc- He would pose a physical challenge to Gordon and a young Bruce, forcing the young vigilante to build his strength. To play him, I’m seeing Randy Couture of The Expendables. (I was going to say Kane from the WWE should play him, but he’s a mayor now).
- Karl Hellfern aka Dr. Death– He was Batman’s first “supervillain.” He’s a deadly chemist who has always wanted to stamp out “imperfections” in humanity. He’s creepy, scary, and deadly smart. You would need a veteran actor like Kelsey Grammer or James Wood to portray this dark and twisted villain.
- Margaret Pye aka Magpie– A master jewel thief, she would be a perfect addition to the rogues for this upcoming season. She would give good competition to the Sirens and particularly Catwoman. Adrianne Palicki of Agents of SHIELD would make an excellent version of this character.
- Anatoli Knyazev aka The Beast (KGBeast)– He was played terribly by Callan Mulvey in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, this villain is one of the few that Batman considered killing, seemingly locking him a sewer to starve. However, Batman saved him later by calling the authorities. They could repeat this somehow with a young Bruce who has to confront the assassin. Zach McGowan of Agents of SHIELD fame has this.
- Basil Karlo aka Clayface I– Before he was mutated, Karlo was just an actor who went crazy, committing crimes in similar fashion to his films. He could have been in Gotham, trapped after the lights go out. They wouldn’t need to show his abilities, but could have him seemingly die, only to be reformed as Clayface. Kevin Bacon would be an excellent choice to play him.
- Natalia Knight aka Nocturna– She and her brother Anton Knight aka The Night-Slayer plagues Gotham by becoming crime-lords. Nocturna is a scientific vampire thanks to a laser that made her skin sensitive to light. At one time she tried to trick Batman into marrying her, but later she was revamped as an enemy of Tim Drake and the Spoiler. Lauren German from Hawaii Five-0 and Hostel Part II would be perfect casting.
- Simon Hurt– Before the New 52, he posed as Thomas Wayne to try and defame the Wayne family. Batman exposed the myth, revealing him to be a wizard who was stopped by one of Bruce Wayne’s ancestors. For a time, he was Batman’s worst enemy. Brett Dalton would be excellent playing this frightening villain.
- Jane Doe– She was a serial killer who mimics and steals the identity (and skin) of her victims. She only has one comic book appearance, but she is incredibly frightening. Not bad for a dark episode. Illegal In Blue actress Stacey Dash has this covered.
- Julian Gregory Day aka Calendar Man– He is a mastermind who commits his crimes based on holidays and events on calendars. At one time a gimmick villain, he later transformed into a brilliant, dangerous criminal who may have the ability to stay young. Ben Davies of War Room would be excellent in this role.
- Lonnie Machin aka Anarky– This is what he wants. Lonnie is a young, idealistic who is always trying to destroy the “man.” He is a radical atheist, Leftist, and anarchist who wants to destroy society and at times, Batman. He is described as an “anti-villain” who seemingly believes what he is doing is good, but only making things worse. Asa Butterfield could play him as the opposite of Bruce, who wants to save Gotham, while Anarky seeks to destroy it.
I know some of these are minor villains, but most of the larger ones have been used or would not make since without an appearance from Batman. Hopefully, after this series is over, we will actually get a Batman series instead of a prequel, spin-off, or old man Bruce.
That is my opinion. What did you think? Let me know in the comments below and tell me if there’s a movie you’d like me to review. Check out my thoughts on the film The Death of Superman. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.